Test Results - High Risk (20+)
This score will show that an individual is being adversely affected by their
drinking. It maybe that the person has already had or sought out help. Individuals with a score of 20+ would require specialist help to reduce their intake as cutting down from this level can be risky.
Get Support from Alcohol Support Services in Liverpool
Tips for sensible drinking
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach. Eat before you go out or during the evening.
- When drinking alcohol try and make every other drink a soft drink or water.
- Try to choose low alcoholic drinks.
- Don’t drink in ‘rounds’ – drink at your own pace.
- Try to have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
Tips for change
If you ever feel you need help and support controlling your drinking, don’t hesitate to contact your local GP or alcohol support services. They are there to help and support you.
- Set a limit to your drinking time
- Drink slowly
- Refill your own glass