Test Results - Higher Risk (16-19)
Individuals with a score this high are likely to be experiencing problems and these may include health, social and also work-related problems. It is important to encourage individuals to consider reducing their drinking and also to seek further support from specialist alcohol services (or in-house support if available) if they feel this would be of benefit.
Tips for sensible drinking
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach. Eat before you go out or during the evening.
- When drinking alcohol try and make every other drink a soft drink or water.
- Try to choose low alcoholic drinks.
- Don’t drink in ‘rounds’ – drink at your own pace.
- Try to have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
Tips for change
If you ever feel you need help and support controlling your drinking, don’t hesitate to contact your local GP or alcohol support services. They are there to help and support you.
- Set a limit to your drinking time
- Drink slowly
- Refill your own glass